1 and 3/4 cup quick Oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup vanilla baking chips (I only used these because I had some from Target Christmas clearance that needed to be used. The original recipe calls for semisweet chocolate chips, which would be absolutely yummy too).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a blender or food processor (I used my beloved Ninja), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the vanilla baking chips or chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth
3 . Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in vanilla baking chips or chocolate chips
4. Distribute mixture into muffin tins
5. Place muffins tins in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear
6. Let cool and enjoy (these are divine when they are still just a bit warm)
Makes 17 muffins @ 77 calories each
I’ve been crazy craving chocolate the last few days and after eating all of my Target Valentines clearance chocolates, I decided to make a lower calorie option for myself. So over to pinterest I went and found this little gem (which I modified) on dashingdish.com (be forewarned: even though they are low calorie, they are SO yummy you’ll eat more than just one!