Did you know that you can get paid for your junk mail?!? That’s right, Canadians can make money sending their junk snail and email to SBKC each month!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure here.
Are you annoyed by all the junk mail that you get? Well, why not put it to work for you and get paid for sending it to the Small Business Knowledge Center (SBKC)?
I’ve been sending SBKC my junk mail for years and it’s a great way to make some extra money and lighten your recycle box!
How does SBKC work?
The Small Business Knowledge Center pays everyday consumers for their junk mail. According to their site, the SBKC analyzes and studies the marketing materials sent to everyday people. The purpose of their analysis is to provide their insurance and financial service customers information for competitive intelligence and product development purposes.
How Do I Make Money for my Junk Mail?
When you sign up, the SBKC will send you a welcome package with some pre-paid, self-addressed envelopes.
Every time you collect your mail, stick your snail mail junk mail into the envelopes and drop them off in a mail box every couple of weeks.
Not only do you get paid for your snail mail, but also for your junk email (I get a lot of this) when you forward it on. It’s really as simple as clicking forward on your email! Each advertising email that you receive, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org for credit.
Once your account reaches 2000 points (worth $20), you will receive a digital prepaid Visa gift card the following month. So easy!
How To Earn Extra Points
There are also opportunities to make extra points each month on top of simply sending in your junk mail.
Each month in the monthly newsletter, SBKC lists bonus point opportunities for mail from certain companies or on certain topics. The monthly newsletter will indicate the process for receiving bonus points, but typically there is a code word that needs to be attached to the mail you are forwarding.
SBKC is always on the lookout for new members who can send them quality content their customers can use. As a result, members can also earn bonus points for each person they refer!
Self Employed/Business Owner
People who run their own business often get unique offers from companies that others do not. As such, SBKC is particularly interested in the content business owners and self-employed people receive. This means, that those who are in this unique position, have an opportunity to earn even more!
Is My Information Safe?
The material that is sent into the SBKC is shredded and 100% recycled after information is obtained. They insist that users will never be solicited and that all identifying information including account numbers is are eliminated before being sent out for analysis. You can read more about their privacy parameters here.
What Type of Materials is SBKC Looking for?
According to their website, the SBKC is looking for the following types of advertising materials:
- Insurance: Health, Life, Home, Auto Insurance, Identity Theft, Travel Protection etc.
- Investments/Annuities: Brokerage, IRA/Rollovers, Mutual Funds, 401(k), Pensions, 529 plans etc.
- Mortgage & Loans: Auto, Home Equity, Mortgage, Personal Loan, etc
- Banking: Checking, Savings, Money Market, Certificates of Deposit, Rewards or Loyalty Programs, etc.
- Credit Cards: General Use Credit Cards & Charge Cards, Retail/Department Store Cards, Affinity/Rewards Cards such as Airline, Hotel, Alumni, Club/Association Cards, Business Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Offers, Prepaid Credit Cards etc.
- Telecommunication: Wireless (network providers such as Verizon, AT&T or manufacturers such as Samsung or Motorola), Wire-Line (Landline/Home Phone), TV/Cable, Satellite, Internet, IP/Internet Phone etc.
- Travel & Leisure: Hotels, Cruise Lines, Airlines, Car Rental Services, Frequent Flyer Offers etc.
This is a great program and turning out to be a good extra cash earner. It’s pretty easy to do and the rewards come quickly in the form of prepaid Visa gift cards. My only complaint is that they don’t provide a tracker, so there’s no way to tell which of piece of junk is being processed and how much it is worth. Nevertheless, it is a program that delivers!
Join this awesome program here and start earning today! (Please help your favourite blogger out by putting Elena Fernandez as your referrer)!