Considering that these boxes are typically around $6, it’s a pretty sweet deal. BUT, being the savvy couponers that we all are here, I’m going to show you how to make this deal even better!
To do this, you are going to need a Food Basics flyer (either the paper flyer or from your Flipp app) and your PC Plus card!
Here’s what to do:
1. Go to the Guiding Stars site , login using your PC Plus login info and load the 3000 points when you spend $10 or more on cereal (you will only get 3000 points, regardless of how much over $10 you spend).
2. Go to your local Real Canadian Superstore or No Frills that will price match Food Basics.
3. Get however many boxes of participating cereal that you are interested in
4. Price match the cereal at check out
5. Make sure they scan your PC Plus card
6. Upload your receipt to Checkout 51 (check your offers – there are ones for Rice Krispies, select flavours of Mini-Wheats, and Frosted Flakes)
7. Enter your code at kelloggs.ca/hasbro
8. Enjoy your cereal while you wait for your coupon!
When I did it, I wasn’t sure if I would get 3000 for every $10, or just 3000 for $10 or more (this is the way it goes), so I bought 6 boxes to try and see what would happen.
6x$4.99 (pm’d at Food Basics) = $29.94
Tax = $1.95
– 3000 points for spending $10 ($3 value)
– $3 Checkout 51
= $25.89 for 6 boxes of cereal and $90 in free toys!
I will use a couple of coupons for Christmas presents, but most will be saved for Boxing Day sales!